(An email dated 9/25/2014 to current, former, & interested Masters swimmers at Aqua Crest Pool)
My name is Linda Irish Bostic and I met some of you at the pool last week. I will be the new Head Coach of the Masters Swimming program at the Aqua Crest Pool in Delray Beach. I was given your name & email address as a current, former, or interested Masters Swimmer at Aqua Crest. I hope you don’t mind me emailing you to share the exciting news of what’s happening with the Masters Program effective next Wednesday, Oct 1st.
I strongly believe it can be a viable service to the South County community … at lower prices and with outstanding, well-paid coaches! I have developed an excellent relationship with Palm Beach County’s Aquatics Dept over the past 5 years and look forward to their full support of our program. I plan to grow the program and make it as successful as we all know it can be! WE can make it happen and have a heck of a lot of fun doing so!
So, I’m excited to announce and share the following details..
Mondays thru Fridays: 5:45am-6:45am
Mondays thru Thursdays: 6:00pm–7:00pm
- Yes, the early morning practice time is starting 15 min earlier. I hope that many who need to get their swim in before work, will be able to do that by shifting the time slightly earlier.
- Additionally, I encourage each of you to arrive to the workout on time … so that we can have a productive workout starting & staying together.
- Swimmers will be divided into 3 groups (Wahoo, Loggerheads, & Manatee) ... based on your ability & speed … so that each workout is customized for you.
- We’ll establish lanes fastest to slowest, left to right.
- Coaches will actively coach on deck, leading the workout, and giving feedback to swimmers.
- If you’re used to “doing you own thing”, you will be able to still do so, in an appropriate lane. However, I encourage you to try some of our workouts!
- Additionally, you will have access to also attend any of the Masters workouts at the North County Aquatic Complex in Jupiter.
- $50 /month per individual, swim unlimited
- $25 /month per individual, swim once per week or for ½ month
- $75 /month per married couple, swim unlimited
Yes, monthly dues are going down! Wahoo!
- Linda Irish Bostic, Head Coach Click here for a link to my swimming & coaching bio. I will write all of the workouts.
- CJ Pisano
- Thaddeus Gamory
- Suzie Easey
I’m excited about our coaching staff and look forward to you getting to know then all better!
The club will be named the Palm Beach Masters (PBM) and will merge with the North County Masters of Jupiter team, which currently has 170 USMS members. When the 2015 USMS renewal opens Nov 1st, Palm Beach Masters will be an official club to choose for you to be a member of. If you have an existing relationship with another USMS Club, just let me know your plans.
WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA:
Register on our website at www.PalmBeachMasters.org to get on our email distribution list, sign the County waiver, and see your monthly payments on your account, etc. Simply click on JOIN at the top of the webpage.
Like us on Facebook! Palm Beach Masters Swimming & Wahoo Triathlon Club
Follow us on Twitter! @PBM_Wahoo
LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I hope you will stay or come see first hand what the new Masters program at Aqua Crest is all about. Give it a try. Whether you are a beginner wanting a fitness program, a lap swimmer seeking variety, a competitive swimmer looking for a team, or a triathlete needing to improve your swim leg … there is a place for you as a member of the Palm Beach Masters at Aqua Crest.. I’m excited and think you will REALLY like what you find with the new program.
Attached is a flyer. Please spread the word and share this information with your friends who swim, want to come back to swim, or would like to swim with us.
Thanks in advance for your support. I’m always available to discuss your suggestions and ideas. I want to know what you want in your Masters Swimming program!
I look forward to seeing you at the pool this coming Wednesday!
Linda Irish Bostic
Head Coach, Palm Beach Masters